WILLIAM P. MCCONARTY, O.D.
Dr. McConarty joined our practice in 2002 and conducts examinations in all of our locations. He is one of the fewer than 5% of optometrists nationwide that have completed a hospital-based residency in ocular disease. His clinical skills include family comprehensive vision examinations, contact lens fittings, diagnosis & management of ocular disease conditions, and pre/post operative surgical care (Lasik, PRK, and Cataract). He is also certified in the use of therapeutic medications for the treatment of ocular disease.
Dr. McConarty is a native of Maryland and lives in Kensington with his wife (Dr. Weiner) and their two children. He enjoys skiing, running, & golfing in his spare time.
- Baltimore VA Medical Center and Johns Hopkins University
Residency in Hospital-Based Optometry & Ocular Disease
- The Ohio State University, College of Optometry, Columbus OH
Doctor of Optometry, with Honors
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA
Bachelors of Science, Biology
Magna Cum Laude.
Affiliations, Awards, & Certifications:
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Baltimore VA Medical Center: Staff Optometrist, Hospital Credentialed
- The Ohio State University, College of Optometry: Ocular Disease Guest Lecture Series: Glaucoma & Diabetes
- Maryland State Board of Optometry
- Virginia State Board of Optometry
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Gold VA Pin Award
- Beta Sigma Kappa, Optometric Honor Society
- Epsilon Psi Epslion, Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope scholarship winner
- Phi Kappa Phi
The Doctor is always in! Have a question?